BUSINESS EVENT SECTOR PROTOCOL
Procedures to be adopted by Clarion Events and exhibitors
- 1. Procedures to be adopted by Clarion Events
- - When completing their registration, all attendees (contractors, service providers, exhibitors, visitors, conference delegates, others) must consent to the organiser screening their body temperature at any time, without prejudice to personal privacy or of any other nature.
- - All attendees will have their temperature screened by infrared thermometer, individually, when: entering the exhibition venue, during event build, show days and breakdown;
- - Screening teams will circulate around the exhibition, checking attendees’ temperatures with an infrared thermometer;
- - Temperature screening cameras may be used;
- - The event will have a permanent medical team on-site and an ambulance for emergency removal during buildup, show days and breakdown. During the show days, an ICU ambulance will be available.
- - Those with temperatures above 37.8°C (100°F) will not be allowed to access the show and will be referred to a medical center located in the pavilion facility, with the capacity to identify symptoms of COVID-19 and to advise in terms of seeking medical attention.
- - We strongly recommend that individuals with COVID symptoms, with or without confirmation of the disease, should not come to the event venue;
- - All attendees (contractors, services, exhibitors, visitors, conference delegates, others) must arrive at the event with their badges already pre-printed and carry photo identification;
- - In the access queues, attendees must maintain a minimum distance of 2m (5 feet), following the signage indicated on the floor;
- - All attendees will be only allowed to enter the event venue wearing masks (mandatory) and PPE (when required);
- - The access control system will be developed so that there is no physical contact between people;
- - A system for counting people (entry and exit) will be implemented to control the numbers in attendance at the event in real time;
- - The attendees will be served by duly identified employees, wearing masks and other safety items;
- - The service counters for attendees will be equipped with acrylic/glass barriers for protection;
- • Visiting the Exhibition
- - The corridors at the exhibition will have the flow direction identified;
- - The exhibition will have an appropriate number of toilets, with controlled use in order to prevent crowding;
- - No crowding will be allowed in the common areas; a mobile team will be made available for inspection and guidance;
- - The exhibition will have independent entry and exit areas, with flow control;
- - Markings on elevator floors will be used to ensure social distancing between users.
- - Food services offered by the organiser will have items packed in individual portions and disposable materials;
- - Queues and use of lunch tables will take social distancing into account;
- - Food services, when applicable, should be paid only by debit or credit card.
- - The frequency of disinfection and sanitisation of public areas, corridors, surfaces, elevator interior panels, stairway handrails, service counters, toilets, waste disposal areas and others will be increased;
- - The frequency of toilet cleaning and waste removal will be increased;
- - Decontamination points will be created at the entrances to spaces with hand sanitizer, mask and glove disposal basket;
- - Carpets with disinfectant products for cleaning the soles of shoes will be installed at the exhibition’s entrance and exit;
- - Doors will be kept open to prevent the use of handles and allow for air circulation;
- - Hand sanitizer dispensers as well as hand washing sinks will be available at various points throughout the exhibition;
- - Increased frequency of garbage removal and availability of specific waste bins for disposal of gloves and masks;
- - Cleaning of audio and video devices before each use, during conferences and seminars;
- - Monitoring, in coordination with the venue, of foyers, restrooms, air conditioning equipment, ventilation ducts, things, exhausts and others;
- - In coordination with the fire department, monitoring of the post-use sanitisation of wheelchairs, stretchers and cervical collars;
- - Notifying event attendees of the procedures and recommendations regarding hygiene and safety practices due to COVID-19, highlighting the primary concern over the health of all.
- - All event organisation communications will be digital: catalogue, floor plan, exhibitor list, seminar and conference schedule and general programme;
- - Identifiable disinfection points, medical assistance, entry and exit doors and others on the event floorplan;
- - Implementation of visual communication with the recommendation of 2m (5 feet) social distancing in all event facilities, by means of stickers on the floor;
- - Inclusion of the procedures and recommendations arising from COVID-19 in all company communication channels.
- - Training of employees and teams hired to advise attendees on the measures due to COVID-19.
- - Direct communication with Local Authorities to share relevant information;
- • Procedures to be adopted by Exhibitors
- - There may be no distribution of souvenirs and samples at the booths;
- - The food used in the booths must be served in individual packages;
- - Exhibitors are advised to use processed food in their booths;
- - No actions may be promoted that could generate crowds, such as artistic presentations, cocktail receptions and happy hours;
- - There may be no conference rooms or other closed areas within the booths (except for storage);
- - Use of masks and hand sanitizer dispensers is required within booths;
- - Hiring of fixed cleaning and sanitation service, performed frequently throughout the day and before the opening of each event day;
- - Exhibitors are encouraged to use electronic materials, avoiding the use of printed material and business cards;
Last update: 2020, June 10th.
Subject to change.
Clarion Events Brasil, organizer of LAAD Security, is closely monitoring the development of the COVID-19 pandemic and has been working to find solutions which will benefit our customers, visitors, authorities and other industry stakeholders.
Over the past few weeks, our team worked with Transamerica Expo Center to find an alternative date that will allow for more preparation time as well as provide a longer recovery period from the challenges and difficulties faced by the security market.
Therefore, we inform that LAAD Security 2020, which was rescheduled for September 8th -10th , will now be held on November 9th – 11th 2020 at Transamerica Expo Center.
We reiterate our commitment to deliver a high-quality event, to support business development and to contribute to the overall growth of the economy.
For further sales information please contact our Sales Director, Vivian Lima, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +55 (11) 9 8293-5929.
Clarion Events Brasil